- AHCSA Sexual Health team present at Aboriginal Sexual Health Workshop, Darwin
- Aboriginal Maternal Infant Care (AMIC) course update
- 13 February 2024: National Apology Day
- Dr Lowitja O’Donoghue AC CBE DSG – 1 August 1932 - 4 February 2024
- Free Mooditj Leadership Training Course, Port Augusta
- Smoking ceremony at AHCSA
- Australia Day 2024
- AHCSA delegation meets with Federal Minister of Health & Aged Care
- SHINE SA brings Mooditj to AHCSA
- AHCSA announces management restructure
- 2023's final face-to-face class concludes at the AHCSA RTO
- AMIC Project Update: Aboriginal Maternal and Infant Care (AMIC) training back on the agenda for 2024
- AHCSA RTO: new CERT III and CERT IV classes commence
- AHCSA and members attend NACCHO annual conference
- Voice to Parliament defeated - self-care resources
- Indigenous bowel-cancer screening
- NACCHO COVID-19 Vaccination Promotion Competition 2023
- Six-week STI/BBV screening program commences at Pika Wiya
- Indigenous Voice to Parliament referendum date announced by Prime Minister Anthony Albanese
- Federal Minister of Health Hon. Mark Butler visits AHCSA
- Oodnadatta desalination plant commences operation
- Drug Alert notice: protonitazene
- NAIDOC Week 2023
- First Nations Philanthropic Funders Working Group focuses on COVID-19 preparation and recovery
- Naomi Thornthwaite and Kim Morey present at Lowitja 2023
- 2023 Lowitja Institute International Indigenous Health and Wellbeing Conference, Cairns
- Cert IV student cook-off
- National Sorry Day
- South Australian Aboriginal Health Roundtable 2023
- Celebrating new certified Aboriginal health workers
- AHCSA RTO update
- SA becomes first Australian jurisdiction to create First Nations Voice to Parliament
- AHCSA TIS team members receive awards at national conference
- AHCSA's Josh Riessen presents on Point of Care Testing for Infectious Diseases
- AHCSA delivers suicide alertness workshops in SA Far West Coast
- World Hearing Day 2023
- National Condom Day 2023
- Voluntary Assisted Dying becomes legal in South Australia
- World AIDS Day
- AHCSA's Sexual Health Team Wins People's Choice Award SH Poster!
- Media Release - AHCSA RTO
- Mparntwe Aboriginal Sexual Health NT/SA Workshop
- Dr. Annapurna Nori chats all things COVID-19 Vaccination for Kids with Gordy Rigney
- NAIDOC Week Events to Attend Across South Australia
- AHCSA Wins National Award of Recognition at 2022 NATSIEHC!
- Aboriginal Oral Health Program (AOHP)
- Yadu Health - EOI: Medical Receptionist
- World No Tobacco Day 2022 with AHCSA's Puyu Blasters
- AHCSA gives Yadu Aboriginal Health Service a Titan!
- Aboriginal Heath and Reconciliation Week With Renee Colbung
- Meet AHCSA's Quality Systems Improvement Coordinator - Venni!
- Strength and Power of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services in South Australia
- Is it time for an STI checkup?
- Urgent Mental Health Care Center offers an alternative to mental health support
- IWD 2022 - Celebrating AHCSA's Female Aboriginal Leaders
- AHCSA History Project
- 15 things NOT to do when using a RAT
- Fight the Bite and Mosquito Control
- The Aboriginal Flag has been freed!
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander HIV Awareness Week
- South Australia's COVID-Ready Plan
- 2019/2020 Annual Report
16 August 2023
AHCSA was pleased to host Federal Minister for Health and Aged Care Hon. Mark Butler MP for a tour of our offices and a media press conference today.
We were gratified that the Minister, who is also Federal Member for the SA electorate of Hindmarsh, chose AHCSA as the venue for a clear statement of the government's commitment to closing the gap in health outcomes between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and non-Indigenous Australians.
Minister Butler had several positive and honest discussions with staff members at AHCSA, and heard a lot of truth from CEO Shane Mohor, Board chair Wilhelmine Lieberwirth, and Board member (and former chair) Polly-Sumner Dodd about the health issues facing our people in South Australia and about what we need from him and his government.
Pictured: AHCSA CEO Shane Mohor, AHCSA Board member Polly Sumner-Dodd, Hon. Mark Butler MP, AHCSA Board Chair Wilhelmine Lieberwirth.
The Department of Health and Aged Care has released a transcript of the Minister's comments to media and and his answers to their questions. It can be viewed here: