- Six-week STI/BBV screening program commences at Pika Wiya
- Indigenous Voice to Parliament referendum date announced by Prime Minister Anthony Albanese
- Federal Minister of Health Hon. Mark Butler visits AHCSA
- Oodnadatta desalination plant commences operation
- Drug Alert notice: protonitazene
- NAIDOC Week 2023
- First Nations Philanthropic Funders Working Group focuses on COVID-19 preparation and recovery
- Naomi Thornthwaite and Kim Morey present at Lowitja 2023
- 2023 Lowitja Institute International Indigenous Health and Wellbeing Conference, Cairns
- Cert IV student cook-off
- National Sorry Day
- South Australian Aboriginal Health Roundtable 2023
- Celebrating new certified Aboriginal health workers
- AHCSA RTO update
- SA becomes first Australian jurisdiction to create First Nations Voice to Parliament
- AHCSA TIS team members receive awards at national conference
- AHCSA's Josh Riessen presents on Point of Care Testing for Infectious Diseases
- AHCSA delivers suicide alertness workshops in SA Far West Coast
- World Hearing Day 2023
- National Condom Day 2023
- Voluntary Assisted Dying becomes legal in South Australia
- World AIDS Day
- AHCSA's Sexual Health Team Wins People's Choice Award SH Poster!
- Media Release - AHCSA RTO
- Mparntwe Aboriginal Sexual Health NT/SA Workshop
- Dr. Annapurna Nori chats all things COVID-19 Vaccination for Kids with Gordy Rigney
- NAIDOC Week Events to Attend Across South Australia
- AHCSA Wins National Award of Recognition at 2022 NATSIEHC!
- Aboriginal Oral Health Program (AOHP)
- Yadu Health - EOI: Medical Receptionist
- World No Tobacco Day 2022 with AHCSA's Puyu Blasters
- AHCSA gives Yadu Aboriginal Health Service a Titan!
- Aboriginal Heath and Reconciliation Week With Renee Colbung
- Meet AHCSA's Quality Systems Improvement Coordinator - Venni!
- Strength and Power of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services in South Australia
- Is it time for an STI checkup?
- Urgent Mental Health Care Center offers an alternative to mental health support
- IWD 2022 - Celebrating AHCSA's Female Aboriginal Leaders
- AHCSA History Project
- 15 things NOT to do when using a RAT
- Fight the Bite and Mosquito Control
- The Aboriginal Flag has been freed!
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander HIV Awareness Week
- South Australia's COVID-Ready Plan
- 2019/2020 Annual Report
16 March 2023
AHCSA's Joshua Riessen has presented to the Australasian Conference on Point of Care Testing for Infectious Diseases on the land of the Gadigal peoples of the Eora Nation in Sydney.
Josh shared with a full room the importance of point-of-care testing, the critical role played by Aboriginal Health Workers in rural and remote communities, and the centrality of relationships, connectedness, and community.
Josh's presentation drew on a paper co-authored by a group including himself and AHCSA's Catherine Caroll entitled "A tool for equity: drawing upon Aboriginal Health Worker/Practitioner experiences of point-of-care testing in rural and remote South Australia".
We are intensely proud of Josh not just for presenting at such an important event, but for being a voice for the many people who shared their experiences with the paper's authors.
Our health, our choice, our way.
For more information on the conference visit: Australasian Conference on Point of Care Testing for Infectious Diseases