Media and Communications Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Classification: AHCSA Level 6
The Aboriginal Health Council of SA (AHCSA) is the peak body representing Aboriginal community controlled health and substance misuse services in South Australia at State and National levels.
Our primary role is to be the ‘health voice’ for all Aboriginal people in South Australia. We achieve this by advocating for the community and supporting workers with appropriate Aboriginal health programs based on a holistic perspective of health. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of who we are.
The Media and Communications Manager position is a full-time fixed term position for 2 years.
Reporting to the General Manager Operations, this role will unify AHCSA’s voice across the different communications platforms (social media and through the publication of newsletters and media releases) and will work across all programs to coordinate AHCSA’s communication with our Member Services and the public. This role will also support COVID-19 messaging activities and AHCSA’s Aboriginal health promotion campaigns.
The Media and Communications Manager will work in close collaboration with all AHCSA teams and the Chief Executive Officer to develop and maintain effective communications systems. More specifically, the Media and Communications Manager will:
- Grow AHCSA’s social media presence on relevant social platforms
- Unify AHCSA’s voice across the different electronic communication platforms
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of effective media and communications activities to support the work of AHCSA. This will include management of COVID-19 messaging and communication activities, both internally and externally, working in collaboration with Member Services, SA Health, Wellbeing SA and other external stakeholders
- Coordination of ad hoc projects and activities, which are dependent on funding requirements and the needs of the AHCSA organisation.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer and programs’ managers and ensuring that AHCSA stories are disseminated through a wide range of channels, including social media
- Support the Chief Executive Officer with internal and external communiques, media releases and with responses to media enquiries where required and as directed
- Source and write news and feature stories to improve awareness of AHCSA’s community work, its training organisation and training courses
- Collate information, develop and schedule engaging content for social media, website and communiques in conjunction with program managers and key stakeholders
- Contribute, edit, produce and proof read all documents content for AHCSA’s website and social media platforms
- Review current communication tools and systems and develop, improve and implement communication strategies in line with AHCSA’s events, initiatives and announcements
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join the peak body representing Aboriginal community controlled health and substance misuse services in South Australia
- Encourages work/life balance
- An inclusive and diverse workplace
- Great salary package and benefits
- Generous leave provisions
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Media, Graphic Design or other relevant field and/or equivalent experience in these fields.
Highly Regarded Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in Media and Communications and in generating media exposure through the implementation of digital communications and digital media strategies and projects.
- Demonstrated experience handling media enquiries.
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal people, organisations and communities and in developing and maintaining professional relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to write in a variety of styles and for multiple outlets including articles, feature article, online content and social media
- Ability to promote projects or activities using social media, email and website
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, MailChimp or other graphic software
- Previous experience in an Aboriginal community controlled setting, particularly in Aboriginal health will be highly regarded
- Digital photography and videography skills will be an advantage
A satisfactory National Criminal History Check and COVID-19 Vaccination will be required for this position.
Prior to applying for this position, please contact Julian Snook, HR Manager at email@example.com to request a copy of the Job and Person Specification or visit our webpage where it can be found under the Careers Tab - https://ahcsa.org.au/careers/careers. Applications must include a cover letter and resume, addressing the Selection Criteria, as outlined in the Job and Person Specification.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply